High Tail Hall
Dans le jeu, le personnage mâle du joueur peut explorer le cadre de "High Tail Hall", un strip-club/bar qui vient d'ouvrir. En même temps qu'explorer, le joueur peut parler avec, séduire, ou être séduit par les personnages furry dans le couloir.
D'autre éléments actives dans ce jeu Flash sont un panneau d'affichage interactif, un pot de pourboire, une boîte pour des suggestions, et quelques endroits et secrets cachés .
High Tail Hall 1.0 (1.5)
High Tail Hall began its existence as a discussion on the Yiffstar messageboards. Crowchild, the creator of Pendragon Entertainment, announced he would be making a flash akin to The Tail Underground, seeing as updates to it were sporadic at best. This announcement included a statement that people who wished to be in the animation need only ask.
Some time after the announcement, the finished product, version 1.5, was released.
Fully interactive characters:
- Luca Shoal, an androgynous male fox. Luca is a maid for HTH and wears a "French maid outfit". He is owned by his player, Luca Shoal (Pendragon Entertainment holds the rights to the remaining characters.)
- Tanya Winters, a female Zebra. Tanya is a barmaid and serves guests (in more ways than one).
- Zoe Mallari, a female cheetah. Zoe is one of the HTH strippers.
- Maxwell Moore, a black male tomcat (text only). Maxwell is apparently the owner and manager of HTH and serves guests as a bartender. He seems to have many sexual relationships with the strippers.
- Boris, an old male crow (text only). Boris is from Russia and is one of Maxwell's regular customers.
- A female kangaroo and an avian character. The kangaroo (who is evidently a stripper) is having sex with a raven (or crow) character in the basement of the bar.
(Note: These are the characters that appear in Version 1.5. Characters from Version 1.7 are not included on this list.)
High Tail Hall has a bar with an outside balcony on the main floor, private rooms on the second floor, a dance floor and bar downstairs off the ground floor. There is also a secret entryway on the second floor, a hidden envelope containing erotic art and a codeword, and another hidden place to enter the codeword. In Version 1.7 the player has the option of going outside.
High Tail Hall 1.7
Version 1.7 offered the opportunity to add your own character/fursona to the game engine for a fee. Unfortunately, a fire broke out in the Pendragon Entertainment studio, destroying the computer with all the commissions on it, and causing thousands of dollars worth of damage to the building.Modèle:Fact
All Pendragon Entertainment projects were suspended, but full refunds were given to everyone who commissioned a character. The improvements that were being added to version 1.7 were:
- A redesigned Tanya Winters.
- The ability to venture outside the pub, where one could find a non-working Stargate, and a hidden spot with an orcish character and satyr.
- Jade Felicia Lanely, a female blue fox (incomplete full interaction. Right-clicking "play" on the character shows some of the intended interaction, before the sequence abruptly ends.)
1.7 was recently dropped, and now only exists in an archived version.
High Tail Hall 2.0
High Tail Hall 2.0 is the latest installment of the HTC series; as in the prior settings, a player can explore the newly renovated "High Tail Hall" strip club and bar, which has undergone some extreme renovations.
From March 2008 to December 2008, several new characters with numerous new adult character-to-player-to-character interactions have been constantly added to the game's content. This update process did not occur in 2009.
New areas of the game can be seen in the overview map, but are currently offline, so the character is limited to certain zones, characters and interactions
Fully interactive characters:
- Bella, a female polar bear (voice acting).
- Rio Davis, a female wolf (voice acting by Tyvara Panther).
- Ginger, a hermaphrodite cat (temp. inactive).
- Jezel, a female husky.
- Shelly, a female collie.
- Shemyay, a female jackal (temp. inactive/off game).
- Cindy, a female rabbit.
- Kristy, a female cat.
- Aleta, a female parrot (voice acting).
- Tanya Winters, a female Zebra (from HTH 1.5. Planned reintroduction).
- ?, male dinosaur (Bartender, new owner?).
- Bar group, male duck with three female swans.
- ?, a non-anthropomorphic parrot on a stand.
- ?, a female rat.
High Tail Hall Classic
On Halloween 2007, Crowchild released an image of the beta of the bar scene and a sound test of Max from an upcoming remake of High Tail Hall 1, currently titled High Tail Hall Classic.
HTHC will be total remake of the original game, and will feature the updated character models from HTH 2.0. It will also include voice acting.
The game currently has no set release date, and will be released onto Fur Affinity and Newgrounds.
High Tail Hall: Twilight Cavern
A fan created spinoff of the original High Tail Hall is on the works, being designed by an artist by the name Jack Salem, which will consist of established and new characters and locations. It has been announced that there will be approximately 12 female characters, and 6 different places to explore, as well as an in-depth plot.Modèle:Fact
As far as male characters, only one has been announced, and recently it was also announced that this version of the game is focused around heterosexual relations only. There will be a music score, mostly jazz tracks, written by Jack himself. This project was announced in 2006, with the only releases so far being images of characters and as of Christmas Day 2006, a Beta Preview with animation.Modèle:Fact
Upon the creator of Twilight Cavern hearing that the original High Tail Hall has come back into creation, the Twilight Cavern project has been announced to be a separate endeavor. Jack has stated that Twilight Cavern will be made, but it will no longer have any ties to High Tail Hall, save for any appearing special characters, such as Luca Shoal.Modèle:Fact
Jack has stated that he is indeed working on the project to the message-board Yiffstar, where the project was first announced.
Jack has started a commission service as a mini-fund raiser to support the re-creation of the Twilight Cavern Flash project, as posted in the miscellaneous Sub-forum at the Yiffstar community. He is establishing a new website and will be taking commissions for new characters shortly.
OpenHTH is an open source (as open as flash files can be) project based around High Tail Hall 1.7, the goal is to vastly improve the game, by enhancing existing content, but also adding to it.
The current version of OpenHTH is 1.0.2 which so far is only dialogue enhancements, replacing incorrect spelling and grammar, and typographical mistakes in the original HTH 1.7, some ambient music, and a few background animation enhancements.
Users are welcome to download the latest version and help add or enhance it, or download the base version (which is just the editable flash files of HTH 1.7) and try their hand at doing their own mod.
- 1 - Introduction to editing stage: which is to replace all the dialogue, while pertaining to some sort of persistent back story, to give it more of an atmospheric and immersive feel to it (as far as Flash goes anyway), part of the first phase is also to extend the length of the dialogue, and have somewhat more of an interactive conversation, to set it up as more of a game for later stages, then finally after all that is done fix any animation errors, that may get accidentally introduced from the editing.
- 2 - Technical and creative theory stage: which is to review the dialogue, plan where the game is headed, write up some design docs for planned expanded areas and characters, write the main and back story, figure out the character's persona and write the dialogue around that (creative writing class finally pays off :P).
- 3 - Technical backend stage: which is to create a backend engine for the game from scratch, which will contain your basic RPG elements, the journal, the inventory, etc.
- 4 - Content creation stage: which is of course, is to create new art and animation using what we planned out in the second phase to dictate what exactly we need to do, as well as sound effects, and creating a few musical scores.
- 5 - Putting it together stage: which is to link the content to the backend, define what its supposed to do, whats supposed to happen with each conversation path etc, put in the right dialogue for the right character, get the journal to update on certain events, etc etc.
- 6 -Testing stage: which is to obviously test what we have, see what works as intended, and to refine the game, correcting and fixing any errors, mistakes, bugs, etc.
Then finally it's finished, or is it? No not really, that 6 phase process can be repeated as many times, and with each lot of 6 phases can add as little or as much content as we please at the time.
Users can and are encouraged to contribute to this process, and critique upon whatever we have at any given point in time on the OpenHTH forums.
Early versions of High Tail Hall prior to version 1.1 included an uncredited clip of Depeche Mode's song "Personal Jesus." This clip was removed from 1.2 on.
Some people believe that High Tail Hall was inspired by The Tail Underground, and vice versa. In fact, both Ian R. Soulfox and Pendragon Entertainment created their animations independently, with High Tail Hall being made after Tail Underground. Ian has mentioned that he doesn't mind the existence of HTH, and that he enjoys its existence.